What is ISO 14001?
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a framework that allows an organisation to consistently control its significant impacts on the environment, reduce the risk of pollution incidents, ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation and continually improve its processes and operations.
ISO 14001 is an internationally accepted standard that defines the requirements for establishing, implementing and operating an EMS.
What are its benefits ?
- helps you deliver environmentally aware products or services that meet customer needs
- increased competitive advantage (customers often demand ISO 14001 accreditation when inviting tenders)
- increased productivity due to reduced waste
- better management of utility cost
- feedback from audits etc. helps target environmental improvement
- improved staff confidence, pride and morale
- external recognition and improved company image
How we can help you implement and maintain it
We have a wealth of experience in
- developing environmental policies and systems
- documenting processes, especially management processes and procedures
- training staff and managers in ISO14001, internal auditing and maintenance of the EMS
- supporting management teams through the ISO 14001certification process – we only work with certification bodies approved by UKAS or, outside of the UK, members of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
- conducting readiness reviews/gap analysis in preparation for certification audits