What is ISO 45001?
Following on from The Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) set of guidelines, which were developed to meet a growing need for a recognisable health and safety management system standard, ISO 45001 was introduced in March 2018 and is now the recognised standard for any organisation wishing to implement a formal procedure to reduce the risks associated with health and safety in the workplace for employees, customers and any members of the general public having access to their premises.
What are its benefits?
- enhances reputation by demonstrating the adoption of best practice – health and safety is an area where activities are often scrutinised by the public, customers and other stakeholders
- helps you demonstrate you are meeting the current Health & Safety Legislation requirements
- can safeguard against the potential for successful litigation cases
- can lead to discount on insurance premiums
- helps you demonstrate to clients and employees that you consider Health and Safety to be important and that you care for your people in their work environment.
How we can help you implement and maintain it
We have a wealth of experience in
- developing health and safety policies and systems that are effectively integrated within the organisation and, if appropriate, with management systems based on other standards e.g. ISO 14001
- documenting processes and procedures
- training managers and employees in ISO 45001 and internal auditing against the standard
- supporting management teams through the ISO certification process – we only work with certification bodies approved by UKAS or, outside of the UK, members of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
- conducting readiness reviews/gap analysis in preparation for certification audit