What is ISO/IEC 20000-1?
Widely used in the IT, facilities management and other business service industries, ISO/IEC 20000-1 is an internationally recognised standard for a service management system that helps you to provide a consistent, reliable service. It supports you to embed a service life-cycle strategy into your organisation, providing best practice guidance on how to manage your portfolio of services so they remain current and add value. It is ideal for any service provider, large or small, who wants to provide assurance in the quality of the services they deliver.
What are it’s benefits?
- ensures that service management is integrated and aligned with the business strategies of your organisation
- helps you meet agreed service requirements
- helps you develop improved services
- inspires trust in your business, especially as a certified standard
- reduces business risk
- supports service management frameworks such as ITIL, Agile and DevOps
- structured for easy integration with other management system standards e.g. ISO 27001- Information Security Management Systems
How we can help you implement and maintain it
Our own Leslie Young, who has particular expertise in IT Service Management and is a member of the BSI committee IST/60/2 (for IT Service Management), has a lot of hands on knowledge of this standard. We also have experts who have successfully helped organisations towards gaining certification across a range of management system standards and in particular can –
- train managers and employees in internal auditing against the standard
- support management teams through the certification process
- conduct readiness reviews/gap analysis in preparation for a certification audit